Thursday, January 1, 2015

January 1, 2015 - The First Day of the Rest of Your Life

My very best wishes for a

Happy, Healthy, Abundant
and
Free Living
2015!

It is New Years Day 2015 as I compose this article. It's a great time to reevaluate your life and plans for the future. I don't make New Years resolutions. I find that they are useless for me. But, if you go back to my December 29, 2012 article title, "How Do You Eat An Elephant?"  you can read or reread about the "elephants" in our lives.

There is a lot going on in our world. While I'm very optimistic about my personal life and lifestyle, I don't hold that same optimistic outlook toward most of our society (mainly the U.S., but even that of other countries around the world). If you have questions about your own future then, perhaps, now is a good time to consider adopting, modifying or expanding a living free philosophy for yourself and your partner/spouse and family.

The "12 Steps for Living Free" that I introduced a little over three years ago and revised in the spring of 2012 is a great place to start. This is a simple, yet comprehensive plan to make important and lasting changes to your life and philosophy of living that will provide a leg up on most of the negativity in our society and world. It offers a path to gaining personal freedom or expanding your personal freedom while most others are experiencing loss of personal liberties and freedoms.

The 12 Steps for Living Free

All of the 12 Step Plan is available on the main "Living Free in an Unfree World blog site home page. You can look for the list of pages beginning with "Home," followed by "About Ed" with the "12 Step Program" next in line.

But, I'll make it easier for you. Below, I've provided links to the "Introduction to the 12 Step Program" along with links to each of the 12 Steps.

12 Steps for Living Free - Introduction

Step #1 - Dreams and Realizations

Step #2 Self-discovery











Step #11 Spirituality

Step #12 Creating Your Life List

I hope you'll take the time to go to each of the steps and read through them. The beginning of a new year is a perfect time to create a new plan and path for your life. While I'm an optimist about my own life, I also am very pragmatic. I have less days in my future than the days in my past. I have no idea how much time I have left on this miraculous gift we call life. I dare say, you are in the same place since all our life journeys have the same ultimate destination.

But, let me suggest you go one step further than simply reading the steps. Once you've read them, go back and step by step follow the instructions and then apply and implement each step. By 2016 you'll be living a new life and experience freedom and happiness you never thought you were capable experiencing. This is not a religious or positive thinking approach to life. It's simply a pragmatic way of achieving a lifestyle of personal freedom.

Once again, I wish you a happy, healthy and abundant 2015.

No comments:

Post a Comment